Please read this, it is important!
The following conditions, together with the relevant brochure/ website descriptions, form part of your contract with H-C Travel. It’s the one place we have to get technical, so apologies in advance for the legalistic wording.
1. Financial and Legal Protection. We take our responsibilities to you seriously:
H-C Travel Ltd is a company registered in England, 4204028, trading at 16 High St, Overton, Hampshire RG25 3HA.
H-C Travel Ltd is member T7861 of the Travel Trust Association (TTA). All moneys for accommodation, tours, rentals and other ground arrangements paid to H-C Travel are held in an independently controlled trust account and insured against theft or fraud, as required by the UK package tour and travel regulations 1992. The account is monitored weekly for compliance by the TTA trustee. www.traveltrust.co.uk.
H-C Travel Ltd is bonded by the Civil Aviation Authority, ATOL number T7002, to protect your travel arrangements if you book your flights with us. The flights we provide are supplied by other ATOL holders and are protected by their bonds. For further information contact the CAA, 45-59 Kingsway, London WC2B 6TE, www.atol.org.uk.
H-C Travel Ltd carries £2 million professional liability and £1 million indemnity insurances worldwide by Royal & Sun Alliance, St Mark’s Court, Chart Way, Horsham, W. Sussex RH12 1XL.
H-C Travel Ltd is registered in the UK for VAT, no. 776 0501 31.
2. The Contract. A contract is deemed to exist once a booking has been made ‘definite’ by telephone, fax, email or letter AND a confirmation invoice has been issued by H-C Travel. In signing the Booking Form you accept these conditions, and on behalf of all other persons named on the booking form and/or invoice, including anyone added subsequently.By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have had the opportunity to read and have read these Terms & Conditions and agree to them.
As well as completing and signing our booking form, you may be asked by our overseas suppliers to sign a contract with them which will subject you to their terms and conditions and the laws of the country in which the tour/rental takes place. This does not affect your statutory rights under English law.
3. Reservation and Payment. A £250 deposit per motorcycle is required to make a reservation unless otherwise stated. Balances are always due no later than 9 weeks in advance of your date of travel. No reminders or statements will be sent. Balance payments by credit card carry a 1.5% charge, and by charge card a 2.0% charge. Debit cards, cash and cheque payments carry no charges.
4. Travel Insurance. It is a condition of booking that you have appropriate travel insurance, which offers cover while motorcycling. This is NOT a part of your tour or rental cost. If you do not take out the policy offered by H-C Travel, written evidence of appropriate cover is required, and it is your responsibility to provide this. H-C Travel accepts no responsibility for a customer’s failure to arrange appropriate cover or to provide us with details.
5. What is Included. Please see the brochure / website information specific to your tour.
6. What is not Included. Excluded from all prices given (unless specifically stated) are personal travel insurance, flights, visas (where applicable), pre-and post-tour accommodation and single room supplements. All of these items can be booked through H-C Travel. Also excluded (unless specifically stated) are fuel, oils, clothing, food, drink and souvenirs, and additional request items. Such costs are specified where relevant and are your responsibility.
7. Flights. If we book your flights, H-C Travel acts as an agent for ATOL holders, and your flight contract is with the ATOL holder. ATOL protection extends primarily to customers who book and pay in the UK. Airline failure insurance is provided on all flights booked through H-C Travel. Any changes to flight schedules are outside the responsibility of H-C Travel.
8. Amendments. Reservation amendments by you following issue of a confirmation invoice and/or receipt of full payment must be made in writing, and incur an amendment fee of £25.
9. Cancellation by Customer. Cancellation is only effective when written notification is received by H-C Travel. It is your responsibility to ensure such notification is received.
60 or more days prior to departure, loss of deposit
30-59 days prior to departure, 50% cancellation charge
15-29 days prior to departure, 75% cancellation charge
0-14 days prior to departure, 100% cancellation charge
A no-show always incurs 100% cancellation charge
Flight cancellation charges are in accordance with the airline’s ticket rules, and not with the scale above.
10. Cancellation by H-C Travel.
(a) H-C Travel reserves the right to cancel tours/rentals up to 14 days prior to commencement if minimum tour numbers have not been reached or if a rental motorcycle or substitute is no longer available. Minimum numbers are typically 8 motorcycles (sometimes less). H-C Travel is obliged to give you as much warning as possible of any cancellation, and will make every endeavour to offer an alternative. If there is no suitable alternative, then the tour/ rental cost will be refunded in full, which will constitute full settlement. H-C Travel is under no obligation to refund the cost of additional arrangements not made with H-C Travel, such as flights.
(b) H-C Travel and its suppliers reserve the right to accept, decline or retain any customer from any tour/rental at any time, and to cancel any contract on grounds of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions, those of our supplier, local traffic regulations or the supplier’s requirements for group travel. In such circumstances no refund will be due.
Customers agree to accept the authority and rules of H-C Travel and its suppliers, guides and outfitters.
11. Force Majeure. H-C Travel, our suppliers, guides and outfitters accept no responsibility for and shall not be liable in respect of any loss, damage, alterations, delays or changes arising from circumstances outside our control, such as but not restricted to: war or threat of war, riot, industrial dispute, civil strife, fire, adverse weather conditions, terrorist activity, natural and nuclear disaster, technical problems with transport, computer malfunction, cancellation of scheduled or charter airlines, closure or congestion of airports or ports, disease or financial failure of suppliers. UK Foreign Office advice at the date of travel is regarded as decisive where relevant. While we will do whatever we can to help, any additional costs incurred are your responsibility.
12. Liability and Indemnity. You fully understand the risks in motorcycling, and you, your heirs, legal representatives, successors and assigns release H-C Travel, its officers, owners, employees, contractors, suppliers and affiliates from any and all legal claims, debts, actions and liability which may arise, directly or indirectly, from participating in any or all aspects of the offered tour, rental or other arrangement, for any loss, injury, death, damages to or in respect to any person or property however caused or arising.
13. Refunds. There are no refunds if you curtail a tour.
14. Motorcycle Type. H-C Travel understands the importance of providing you with the model of motorcycle you have requested, and always try to ensure that you are allocated that model. However, we do reserve the right to supply an alternative motorcycle, if for any reason the model requested is unavailable. Any changes in rental rates are to be negotiated directly between you and our local supplier.
15. Tour Description. While every effort is made to be as accurate as possible in our brochure descriptions, H-C Travel reserves the right to amend tour itineraries before travel, and to amend itineraries during a tour if, in the professional opinion of the tour guide, so required by local circumstances or the number or riding ability of the tour participants.
16. Vehicle Suitability. All of our motorcycles are locally registered, owned and insured. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with the motorcycle or other services provided upon collection, you must report this immediately to our supplier, and if necessary, to H-C Travel. Later complaints will not be accepted.
17. Mechanical Difficulties/Accident. In the event of mechanical breakdown or accident, report this immediately to our supplier. Do not undertake repairs without the prior agreement of our supplier. In the event of an accident, always report it to the police immediately, obtain an accident report number, and notify our supplier. Our supplier will make every effort to provide repair facilities or a replacement motorcycle, but is not obliged to do so.
18. Security/Damage Deposit. You are always required to leave a deposit at the start of your tour/rental, usually equivalent to the insurance excess (deductible). Any damages will be advised and deducted by the supplier locally.
19. Passports / Visas. You must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity after your return date. It is your responsibility to ensure this, to ensure that you comply with the entry regulations for the country(ies) you are visiting, to obtain and pay for any visas that may be required, and to take all necessary documentation. H-C Travel will not be liable if you fail to discharge these responsibilities.
20. Driving License. You must have a full UK driving license valid for group A vehicles (motorcycles), or national equivalent if you are not a UK resident. An international driving license may also be required in non-English speaking countries, but is not sufficient in itself. If riding a trike, you must also have previous experience riding a trike. You must take your license with you.
21. Age and Experience. Minimum age for riders is 21 years. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet any requirements. Neither H-C Travel nor our suppliers will be held liable for your failure to meet the stated requirements.
22. Pillion Passengers. Passengers / non-riders are welcome on all tours. Only pillions notified to H-C Travel and signing our supplier’s hire agreement may be carried.
23. Helmets. It is a condition that you wear an approved crash helmet at all times when riding a motorcycle. We are sometimes able to provide helmets locally, but we strongly encourage you to take your own. H-C Travel and our suppliers accept no liability for the condition of any crash helmet.
24. Special Requests. Please notify H-C Travel of any special requests you may have at the time of booking (e.g., diet, disability, allergy, anniversary, birthday). There may be additional charges for any such requests. H-C Travel will try to arrange special requests to be met, but cannot guarantee that they will unless a supplement is charged.
25. Riding Areas. When group touring, it is your responsibility to follow any instructions and information issued by the tour guide. As a general rule, you must not leave the country, you must not travel on private roads, and motorcycles must not be taken off-road without prior agreement. Breaches of restrictions may invalidate travel and motorcycle insurances.
26. Prices. Prices shown in brochures and on our website are correct at the time of going to press. H-C Travel makes every endeavour to keep these prices, but changes in local regulations or exchange rates may lead to surcharges. Once your tour is paid in full we will not surcharge.
27. Data Protection. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are a data controller. (In order to process your booking, send you a brochure or respond to an enquiry we need to collect personal data from you. This may include full names, address, contact details, credit/debit card details, passport information, special requirements and anything deemed relevant to your holiday. All persons travelling agree to provide this data. This data is held by H-C Travel Ltd, and relevant data may be passed on to our suppliers and governments if requested. Your data will be stored in paper and electronically within the UK. We never sell or pass on our data to any other parties, but it will be used for marketing by H-C Travel Ltd unless you have advised us you do not wish it.
28. Insolvency. If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
29. Complaints. If you have a complaint about the service that you have received from H-C Travel or our supplier, we require you to do the following. 1. Lodge the complaint with H-C Travel or our supplier as soon as possible during your holiday, to allow us the opportunity to rectify the cause of the complaint. Failure to do so may reduce or extinguish your legal rights. We reserve the right to dismiss any complaint that is not lodged until the completion of your holiday or later. Any complaint not notified to H-C Travel must be lodged in writing with our supplier before the end of your holiday. 2. If the issue is not resolved at the time, follow this up in writing to H-C Travel within 31 days of the completion of your tour or rental. All complaints will be acknowledged within 7 days of receipt, and we aim to respond in full within 31 days. If your complaint remains unresolved, it may be referred (with your agreement) to an English Court of Law or the TTA for arbitration.
30. Jurisdiction. This contract and any matters arising from it are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.